Preszler Law empowers sexual assault victims in Ontario by helping them to navigate the civil court system. Our clients have the opportunity to hold their perpetrators financially responsible for their actions and the damages they’ve caused. We advocate for victims’ rights in the aftermath of an assault and respectfully – and diligently – pursue justice for the wronged.
Preszler Law Services for Sexual Assault Victims
If you have been sexually assaulted, the law permits you to file a civil suit against the person who has committed this act. In fact, you may seek financial recovery for both your physical and emotional damages. This legal process is separate and distinct from the criminal legal process to which the culprit may be subject.
Preszler Law injury lawyers help victims pursue financial restitution through the civil litigation process. Our goal is to protect your rights by holding the abusers responsible for the harm they’ve caused. Below are a few of the services that we’ll provide if you choose our firm to represent you.
• Discovery – We can investigate the case, gather supportive evidence and consult with field experts, when appropriate. We also can locate and interview case witnesses, when available. We can work to preserve evidence that might otherwise be destroyed, as well as coordinate with medical and mental health specialists to gain a clear understanding of how the attack has impacted your life at home, at school, in the workplace, with your family and out in the community.
• Paperwork – Filing a sexual assault lawsuit requires the completion of numerous complex forms and documents that must be filed within a narrow window of time. We take this burden off your shoulders by drafting all necessary documents and filing them with the appropriate agencies.
• Litigation – Facing a perpetrator can be a stressful and often traumatic experience for a victim. You are not alone in this process. We’ll ensure your case is fully developed and you are well prepared in advance of the case going to court, should a trial be necessary. We will walk you through every step of the process so that you have a good understanding of what you may expect.
• Counsel – We will be here to answer whatever legal questions you may about your rights or your case. If ever you have questions about the compensability of a loss, the status of your case or your additional legal options, you can contact the office and receive a quick reply.
• Resources – We have a variety of online resources at your disposal including our blog [insert link to Blog] and a selection of videos [insert link to videos]. There are numerous resources available in Ontario for sexual assault victims that we can refer you to such as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, counselling centres and community agencies.
Highlights of What Preszler Law Offers
When you trust Preszler Law to help you resolve your sexual assault case, you can expect exceptional service and compassionate counsel. Below are a few of the highlights of our practice.
• Top-quality, tenacious legal team
• Adept at negotiations and litigation
• Free initial consultations
• Home or hospital visits if you’re unable to travel to one of our offices
• Contingency basis retainer (You don’t pay if we don’t win your case.)
Contacting Preszler Law to Discuss Your Case
To discuss your case with a sexual assault injury attorney in Ontario, contact [link to contact page] Preszler Law today for a free consultation. Call our office at 1-800-JUSTICE® to schedule a meeting and learn more about our services.